Online Episcopal Advent Calendar:
Beginning December 1, visit each day during Advent. Every day a new window opens offering you a moment of solace and reflection as to the true meaning of Advent and the coming Christmas Season. Each window will reveal a special Advent word, meditation and beautiful image. Beyond Advent, you can continue receiving a daily meditative word from the Society of Saint John the Evangelist's, Brother, Give Us A Word. Visit ssje.org/word to subscribe or follow @ssjeword on Twitter.
Important meeting about Haiti - December 5, 2013
There will be an Anderson informational meeting to update the friends of Cange in Anderson on events and developments in the Central Plateau of Haiti in the past year. This is both an exciting and an always challenging time for our shared mission in Haiti. Singing Rooster, Haitian Mountain Blue fair trade coffee and deserts will be served. The meeting will be on December 5, 2013 at Grace Church at 7:00PM. ALL ARE WELCOME.
Fun December and January activities for the whole family! Mark your calendars!
- Jesse Tree: During the month of December, the children will make symbols representing stories of people in Jesus' family tree to hang on a Jesse Tree in the parlor.
- Advent Carols: December 8th, Alicia Hack will lead us singing Advent Carols in the parish hall from... 10:00 to 11:15. Note: the children's choir will be singing at the 9:15 service. Volunteers for snacks please respond to this email.
- Cookies with St. Nicholas: December 15th, we will have cookies and hot chocolate with St. Nicholas event from 4pm to 6pm at Grace. Volunteers may bring cookies. Adults can enjoy a more mature beverage at this event.
- Christmas Eve: December 24th, the children's choir will sing at the 5:30 pm service.
- Epiphany Pageant: January 6th, we are presenting an Epiphany pageant at the 9:15 service. This will be a no-practice pageant. Volunteers to help organize costumes needed.
- Ice Skating: January 18th, a group will be going to the Pavilion to Ice Skate at 1:00 pm. Information on rates will be forthcoming.
The Children’s Joyful Noise Choir
will sing on Sunday, December 8th at the 9:15 a.m. service. Please have your child in the choir room and vested by 8:45.
Let the Parish Office know by December 15 if you want to donate Christmas flowers in someone’s honor or memory or just because. The minimum suggested donation is $20.
The Outreach Committee will sponsor five families in Anderson Interfaith Ministries’ Christmas Families Program. AIM will provide a list of family members and the items that they both need, and would like to have for Christmas. This list will be available for church members to sign up to provide those items. Watch for further information.
Click here to see what Grace, what you, have done for our community and the world.
BBQ Thank You
This year’s BBQ was another great example of people working together for the greater good. We will be sending Anderson Interfaith Ministries $10,005.61! Thanks to all who worked on this project.
A special thank you to Nita Colman this year’s chairperson. The BBQ continues to be an integral part of our parish fellowship and stewardship .
New kitchen towels for the kitchen.
SAVE THE DATES!
January 23, 2014: Soup Luncheon
Kanuga Parrish Retreat March 21-23, 2014
We are looking for new members to enter this exciting and worthwhile ministry. No experience needed, a great way to meet new people and make new friends. Please call Dena and John Cullen 222-9425 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Knitting and crocheting for AIM
Anyone who would like to knit or crochet a scarf for the Women in the WACS program of AIM is invited to participate in this ministry. Any donations of yarn are also welcomed. The yarn donations can be left in the basket marked yarn for scarves located in the cloister. If you have any questions, please contact Mary Jeffers at email@example.com or at 864-650-4266.
Meets the 2nd Sunday each month. The Godly Play classroom is now located with the other children’s classrooms.
Bible Basics continues in the parlor with Rob Elsner
Young and Young at Heart are in the library watching various speakers talk about faith.
Learning to Pray will meet in Father Jack’s office on December 8th and 15th.
Advent materials are available in the cloister. Children and family material are in classrooms.
Epiphany pageant on January 5th!
Youth Mission Trip
Four Grace Youth are going to Ecuador in July 2014. They will be selling trees, wreathes and garland for the holidays to raise money for their mission trip. Please see Francis Hardaway, Lillian Hardaway, Sam Colman or Carly Campbell to place orders for these items. Pick up dates are December 8th or 15th.